Applicant: Charles J. Fisher, Owner's Representative
Marshall Flats, front, Angeleno Heights, Aug 24, 2004 (photo by Charles J. Fisher)
Marshall Flats, rear, Angeleno Heights, Aug 24, 2004 (photo by Charles J. Fisher)
Marshall Flats, Los Angeles Historic Cultural Monument
Declared May 4, 2005
The original Colonial Revival front duplex was designed in 1905 by the architectural firm of Oliver Dennis & Lyman Farwell, and is located across the street from Aurthur Benton's own home. Mrs. Marshall was so impressed with Benton and his work that she had him design a one-story cottage at the rear of the property in 1907. In 1913, she had Benton redesign the cottage into the present two-story flats. Both structures have been restored to the appearance that existed after the completion of the 1913 changes.